Sunday, November 23, 2014

A New Twist



It's time for Sunday Savor
so pull up a chair and
relax.



Thanksgiving is 4 days away, do
you have your menu prepared?

Today's recipe takes an old
favorite and adds a twist to it.

Spicy Jalapeno Cranberry Relish

1/4 C water
1/2 C sugar
1 C fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and
minced
1 whole green onion, minced

Combine water and sugar in a small
saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring
constantly.
Stir in cranberries. Reduce
heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally,
10-15 minutes or until cranberries are soft-
ened, many are split and juice is thick-
ened. Remove from heat. Stir in the
pepper and onion. Set aside and cool
to room temperature.

Makes: 3/4 cup so double or triple
if you need to.

Enjoy!

This recipe came from our local news-
paper.

~Keep on Dreaming~

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to copy this recipe.... Thanksgiving dinner just isn't complete without the cranberry sauce. I like the little face on that sliced jalapeno!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it, I might make it for
      Mr. Ken.

      M : )

      Delete
  2. I love cranberry sauce and jalapenos! What a great combination, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how you like it!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not much on cranberries here, but I might even try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I wil be making it for Mr. Ken.It i right up
      his alley.
      Let me know what you think.

      M : )

      Delete
  5. Woo hoo! this is great with the jalapenos. I usually add pepper jelly, but this is a different recipe that sounds good. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag